The July 15 2013 “Study Edition” reveals “new light” unveiled at the October 5th 2012 Annual Meeting, at which it was announced that the Governing Body is now considered the “faithful and discreet slave” – the spiritual overlords of the nearly 8 million Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide.
You can find the July15, 2013 Watchtower Study Edition by CLICKING HERE:
We have had a poll in the upper left side of the Website for several months asking the question, WHO IS THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE. As of April 10, 2013, 886 visitors have voted. 355 or 40% of the voters identified the Governing Body as the Faithful and Discreet Slave. If 40% of the visitors on our website believed it before the announcement, it is a reasonable deduction that a far higher percentage of JWs in the Watchtower organization believed it before it was announced. Does this suggest that the organization has been subtly implying the idea for a long time now? Was this so that the announcement would be expected rather than received as shocking and surprising news?
As a summary, the three articles in the July Watchtower indicate changes in several points of view:
1. The great tribulation did not begin in 1914, but is a future event
2. The great tribulation only begins when the United Nations attacks world religion (they used the expression “nominal Christians” an expression from the early Watchtower days.)
3. The judgment of the “sheep and the goats” also is not occurring now, but only once the great tribulation begins.
4. The “Faithful and Discreet Slave” is no longer simply the anointed, but only the Governing Body who are dispensing the “spiritual food”.
5. There is no “evil slave class” – a significant change. (This is no help to the early Bible Students (now passed away) who were charged with being Evil Slaves for resisting the sweeping changes.)
They have discarded important views regarding 1914, as well as changing ideas relating to the “inspection of the temple” period of 1918 to 1919. This is quite significant. It appears that they are laying the groundwork for a very long future period when all of the old-timers have died off but the organization remains. They are also suggesting that the Governing Body members will receive a special appointment different from others of the anointed. This is weird stuff, but most faithful JWs will rejoice in the new light.