Click here for this amazing historical book from 1930 - Desolations of the Sanctuary 1929
This book chronicles the doctrinal and prophetic changes Rutherford made and explains how these changes were all for the purpose of transferring influence from Russell to Rutherford and for consolidating dictatorial power around the new movement, later to be name the Jehovah’s Witnesses. The book was written by early Watchtower brothren – EMIL and OTTO SADLACK – of Angerburg (East Prussia) Germany
PART TWO – ORGANIZATION
“It did not take long till the idea (at first cautiously advanced) that the Society alone could teach, expound, etc., took firmer shape. Soon (by the end of 1922) the Society, under the leadership of its president, gave out peremptorily the axiom that independent private “interpretation” (which Brother Russell scripturally gave out as our principal task) was of Satan!! New light can only proceed from the “proper source, ” through “lawfully” appointed servants of the Lord, i.e., through the society, of course. The president wrote in the official organ: “Let no one flatter himself into believing that the Lord has specially authorized him to provide food for the household of faith by interpreting the Scriptures; for the Scriptures are not of private interpretation. The Lord reveals his Word through his appointed means.“”
The book has German Watchtower references. We are looking for volunteers to find and replace these with the actual American Watchtower references. (i.e. Watchtower year, month and page #.)
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- The conflict between light and darkness, between truth and error, from Paradise onward to the first advent of Christ.
- Continuation of the conflict, from the first advent of Christ to the present time (to Brother Russell’s appearance).
- The latest movement. Its richly blessed way. Its mission and its final fall.
- The omniscience of God.
- Satan in heaven.
- The outpouring of the Spirit of God upon all flesh.
- The entering into the joy of the Lord.
- The riding upon white horses— Revelation 19:11-21.
- “This gospel of the kingdom”—Matthew 24:14.
- The vengeance upon Babylon.
- Character development.
- The treasure in an earthen vessel—2 Corinthians 4:7.
- The angel with the golden censer—Revelation 8:3.
- “1914″—”1918″—”1921″—”1925″—”Time is no more.”
- The trial of the ancient worthies. Is it past or future?
- The parable of the sheep and the goats.
- The execution of the judgments written, according to Psalms 149.
- “The Finished Mystery.” Also: The “Millions” booklet and “Millions” message. The shortening of the tribulation. “Deliverance.” “Bible students’ yearbook 1927.”
- The parable of the wise and foolish virgins.
- Further erroneous teachings of the Watch Tower Society: (The secret place of the Most High. The laying of the precious stone in Zion. The highway for mankind.
- Christ’s second advent. The judgment of the church. Errors in the Bible? “Thy kingdom come.” “The servant,” the “prison,” the “prisoners,” the “desolated heritages,” The angel flying in the midst of heaven. The golden girdles of the seven angels.).
- The work of the Lord.