Our next Bible Study will begin on June 29, Wednesday evening. Prepare for the lesson by hearing the chapter 5 read – Listen here:
We prefer that everyone participating call in under our Skype Name: BibleStudentFriends . Those who do not have Internet access, or are not comfortable with Skype, can call with this phone # 630-687-1117 .
If you get disconnected, DO NOT CALL BACK THE SKYPE GROUP. Call back the Skype Name: BibleStudentFriends or call the phone #. The study begins promptly at 7:00 pm Central time (8:00 pm Eastern & 5:00 pm West Coast). It is best to call in 5 or 10 minutes early to avoid technical delays. If you have any questions, you can contact me at BibleStudents1@GMail.com. Find more information about our studies by clicking here:
Our approach will be topical Bible Study where we examine all the scriptures on a particular topic and harmonize them all. You can find our study book here: God’s Grand Plan of the Ages. In our June 29 study we will begin chapter 5 of the book, “God’s Grand Plan of the Ages.” You can prepare by answering the questions below:
CHAPTER 5 – A Long Hidden Mystery now Revealed! (Note: the references below beginning with the letter “A” refer to the page and paragraph in the book the Divine Plan of the Ages where you can find further elaboration on the answer to these question.) (We still need to wrap up question 9 from chapter 4)
1) What do the scriptures tell us about Jehovah revealing His secret of who Messiah is and the privilege of being Jesus’ disciples? (Col 1:25-27; John 1:12-13; 2 Tim 1:9-10
2) How did Jehovah give hope for a Messiah, yet at the same time keep his identity a secret and mystery? (A77-80) (John 16:12-13; 14:26; Acts 11:9; Gal 2:2, 12 & 14 and Acts 15:14-16).
3) Did the apostles and disciples in Jesus’ time understand that Jesus was the Messiah and that discipleship meant suffering and dying with Jesus? (Col 1:25-27; Gal 3:24-29; Eph 1:4-13; Eph 1:18-23; 1 John 2:27; 2 Cor 1:21; 1 Pet 2:9; 1 Cor 12:12-28; Eph 5:25-30; John 15:1-15
4) What wonderful opportunity of fellowship is offered to the disciples of Jesus, so Jehovah would accept their devotion to Him? (1 Pet 2:4-6; 5:5-6; Phil 2:8-9)
5) How does the picture of Christ being the stone, help show the relationship of Jesus and His bride? (1 Pet 1:10; 1 Cor 2:6-14)
6) To whom is the revelation and understanding of God’s mystery given? (A84-85) (Gal 3:15-18, 27-29; Gal 4 all)
7) How does the Apostle Paul reveal God’s mystery in Revelation? (1 Cor 2:8; 1 John 3:1)
8 ) Why has Jehovah kept the invitation to be part of the Messiah (head and body) a mystery from the people of the world? (Rom 8:17; 2 Tim 2:11, 12; Col 3:4; Matt 13:43)
9) Why will Jehovah finally end the mystery surrounding the call of Jesus and His bride? (Rev 19:7; Isa 2:1-6; Micah 4:1-4; Zeph 3:9; Jer 31:31-34)
10) What will be the attitude of the world of mankind when they see the Christ revealed? (Rev 10:7; Eph 3:9; Rom 8:19-22; Acts 3:19-26)
11) What is the Scriptural point in time when the mystery is revealed to the world?